- Study Guides on the Bible
- Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians: A Study Guide
Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians: A Study Guide
3 3.5 $3.00 - $3.50
An 80-page study guide divided into two volumes of 13 lessons each (sold only as a two-volume set). It consists of study questions, outlines, and notes to help guide the reader to a fuller understanding of these epistles.
- In its infancy, the church faced its first major internal battle as some Jewish Christians insisted that Gentiles must be circumcised and keep the law of Moses in order to be saved. "Galatians is Paul's answer." After rebutting attacks on his apostleship, "Paul goes on to reaffirm the doctrine of justification through faith and the complete sufficiency of the gospel of Christ." (from the "Preface to Galatians")
- Ephesians inspires disciples with the knowledge of God's "glorious inheritance in the saints," of the amazing grace by which we have been saved, and of the power at our disposal. Part two details how we ought to "walk worthily" of our calling.
- In Philippians, Paul lays out the secrets to joy and unity for a church that he holds dear to his heart.
- "Every section of the epistle [to the Colossians] is dominated by [an] emphasis on the preeminence and sufficiency of Christ." (from Lesson 23)
PREVIEW SAMPLE LESSONS FROM ALL FOUR EPISTLES